Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

These first two pictures should have been with the previous post, but I decided to just put them here.  Kendrick is always excited to go to the game at the school.  He likes to cheer for the Eagles and for "the girls" aka the drill team.  Here he is ready to go in his MMHS Elleves shirt.

 He really is a good boy at the games and loves being there.
 
On Sunday, of Labor Day weekend, we went down to my parents house for lunch.  It was good to relax and know that I didn't have school the next day!  Even though we had only been back about a week and a half, it is good to have a small break!
 Here's Kendrick trying out the Batman mask.  I think it was Ethan's.
 He thought it was pretty cool.
 
Monday morning, we woke up and went over to Payson to watch the Onion Days Parade and then we took Kendrick to the carnival at the park.
 Kendrick had a lot of fun riding the rides this time.
 He still liked the Merry Go Round.

 But this time he would ride the cars too.  At the Ute Stampede, he wouldn't for some reason.
 He was having a good time!
 He was a little bit tall for the ride!
 Next, he went on the train.
 We tried to get him to ride this at the Ute Stampede and he threw a fit. 
 But he had no problem riding it today!
 Then he pointed over to the dragon roller coaster and said he wanted to ride it.
 We put him on, I think he was a little bit unsure, but it was too late!
 He survived though and said he had fun!
 Monster trucks were next.  This was another ride that he freaked out and wouldn't get on at the Ute Stampede, but he was fine today.
 He had fun and acted like no problem.
 I guess that is how two going on three year olds are.  You just can't predict their behavior!
After the monster trucks we went over to the giant slide and Kendrick went down the slide with Scott.  I didn't get a picture though.  Then we went to Mi Rancherito for lunch.  It was pretty good.  I like the chips and salsa there.  It reminded me of eating lunch there on teacher prep days.  I would go there for lunch with a bunch of the teachers from Payson High.  Those were fun times. 

Being in Payson reminds me of teaching there and all the years I spent there.  It almost seems like a different lifetime.  I have a lot of good memories there.  Especially from all the Labor Day weekends I spent there.  It's fun now because I can choose to go there, I don't have to be there.  But either way, I like going to Payson on Labor Day.  It's a fun way to celebrate the day off.

No comments: