Sunday, March 06, 2011

Kendrick's Blessing Day

On Sunday, March 6, 2011, we blessed Kendrick Scott Brenchley. We finally decided that it would be okay to take him to church to have his blessing! Since having pneumonia and being in the NICU for three weeks, we had to keep him away from public places and be very careful this past Winter because of RSV.

Well, Kendrick was 5 1/2 months old and I was getting concerned that he would be so big and not be still for his blessing! So, we decided to just do it on fast Sunday in our ward in Provo and then have a luncheon down in Levan at my mom and dad's house.

That Sunday morning was a little cold, but not too bad. The skies were gray, but at least it wasn't snowing or raining!

We had got Kendrick a blessing outfit at Little Things Mean A Lot in American Fork. We had to buy a 12 month size just so it would be long enough! He is a tall boy. We will probably have to deal with this his whole life--oh well.

We woke up early that morning and I made the 7-layer dip so it would be ready to take down with us to Levan. I had been down to Levan Saturday afternoon to help get things ready down there. I made the Yummy Potatoes and took the ham down so my mom could put it all in the oven so it would be ready when we arrived for the luncheon after the blessing. I also took all of the paper products, etc.

We took our camera, but you know how it goes, you just get doing your thing and don't take pictures! Luckily, Annie took some pictures, so all of these pictures are from her. (Thanks Annie!)
Kendrick with me and Scott--just outside of the chapel at our church.
Kendrick and his sisters - Amanda, Hollie, and Kaycee.
All of us--now with Kaycee's husband, Jason and their daughter, Emmalee.
Granny J with me, Kendrick, and Scott
Scott gave a really nice blessing to Kendrick. Kendrick was pretty good during the blessing. He was just a kicking though! He was also waving his arms. My dad said that he thought Kendrick was going to "take off" at any minute because he was flapping his arms and legs so much!
We had most of our immediate family there. Some of Scott's family couldn't be there--plus two of his siblings live out of state.
Scott, Kendrick, and I just after church.
Eunice & Clark (Scott's dad), Scott, Kendrick, me, my mom & dad

Us with Scott's sister Debbie, Trevor, and Korrine.
Us, with Scott's sister Robyn, her husband Joe, their kids, Josh, Cameron & his wife Caitlynn, and Brittany.
Joe was tickling Kendrick's feet and it made Kendrick laugh! Kendrick is quite ticklish--Scott gives him a good tickle every day, I'm sure!
My friends Cheri and Donna also came to the blessing and dinner.
Paula holding Kendrick while Scott and I get things ready for the luncheon.
Scott and I getting things organized.
Amanda holding Emmalee while waiting in line to get some food.
Kendrick and Granny J. having a conversation. I think this is a cute picture--thanks Annie!
Kendrick on his special day!
Just chillin' on Grandma's lap. Notice that Kendrick left his trademark on her shoulder! I come home everyday to see this on Scott's shoulder and then I usually end up with the same mark on my shoulder by the end of the day!
Everyone just chatting after dinner.
Casey & Paula
Kendrick and Jake--not really sure what is happening, but Kendrick looks like he is saying something to Jake! HA HA
Jason, Emmalee, and Kaycee - just before they had to leave for home.
It turned out to be a very nice day and the luncheon was great. I'm so grateful for all of my family that could be there and brought food to help out with the luncheon. I'm so lucky to have such a great family!

1 comment:

Ash, O, Ava Jo and Demi Lu said...

He is so cute! Congrats congrats! I hope all is well! And I hope tryouts went well. Sorry I couldn't make it! I hope you are enjoying motherhood...you look great!