Friday, May 22, 2009

Events from the Past Few Weeks

There has been a lot going on the past few weeks and so I have not been blogging. Finally I had some free time and decided to try and catch up on what we have been doing.

First-Mother's Day--Scott is so sweet and always gets me a Mother's Day gift--even if I don't feel like I am a real mother. Yes, I am a step-mother, but I guess because I haven't given birth to a child, I don't really feel like a "mother". But, I did get a present or two!

Scott gave me a new skirt and shirt. I like them a lot!
Then on May 14 & 15, Payson High Dance Company had their annual Spring Dance Concert. The Paysetters performed two numbers in the concert. Here they are in their hip hop costumes. The routine was to the songs Poker Face and Just Dance by Lady Ga Ga. It was a fun, upbeat dance! They wore some cool sunglasses for the performance. It was really fun!

Their other piece was choreographed by Marci Hite, my assistant drill coach, and it was to the song, "Supermassive" from the Twilight soundtrack. It was a cool, mysterious dance. The girls wore their hair down, which is unusual for drill. They also wore some dark eyeshadow and silver glitter around their eyes. It looked very cool on stage. Here they are in the costumes:

Then, on Saturday, May 16th, we went up to Taylorsville and watched Amanda play in her softball game. Here she is warming up to bat:

Now she is up to bat:


Made it to first.


After the game, with her dad:

This is me, showing the bouquet of flowers that my Principal at Payson gave me at the dance concert. He presented flowers to both me and the dance company teacher, Megan King. We are both leaving Payson High. I'm going to Maple Mountain High and Megan is moving near Las Vegas while her husband goes to medical school. The Paysetters also gave me a cute plaque with some pictures on it from the year. I felt very honored and a little bit sad, of course.

Then, on Monday, May 18th, it was the open house for the new Maple Mountain High School that I will be teaching at this next year. I have already began practicing with the drill team.
They performed at the open house. Here they are--a wide shot so you can see the logo on the gym floor:
A closer shot:

Then, of course, a crazy shot--don't you like my "crazy" pose!
It has been kinda crazy trying to wrap things up at Payson and then get things started at Maple Mountain. One day, the Thursday before the Monday performance, I was practicing for the open house with my Maple Mountain team, we tried on their new tops that they would be wearing for the performace, and they looked terrible! I had to call the seamstress and ask her to fix them. She did, so the ones you see in the picture are the "make-do" tops. (I'm having her fix them again so they will look the way we thought they would.) Anyway, I leave the Maple Mountain practice, at 6:30 p.m., was suppost to be done at 6 p.m., because I have to be back over to Payson for the dance concert which started at 7 p.m. This is how it has been--crazy!
I also have days when I feel sad about leaving Payson and then days when I am excited for the change and the new school. It has been hard packing everything up. I can't believe some of the things I still had! I had all of my handouts, etc. from when I taught keyboarding--on electric typewriters! I don't think I will be teaching that again. I also had all kinds of exercises for Word Perfect and older versions of Word. Needless to say, I filled up many paper recycling bins at my school that day!
Well, now there are only four more days of school at Payson. I'm looking forward to only concentrating on one school, one drill team, etc. Actually, I'm looking the most forward to the holiday on Monday--and Scott gets that day off too!










1 comment:

Emilee said...

I love that Maple Mountain's colors are Crimson and Gold! What a cute outfit from Scott--did he pick that out himself? Good job, Scott!